Now you're in the testing and signing portal, upload your JAD and Jar files, select the devices against which you want your app(s) to be tested ...
- Specify which Zip file or JAD / JAR file pair is to be uploaded, and upload them (along with the Questionnaire and Diagram as mentioned in the pre-submission checklist section.)
- Your Publisher ID is checked to make sure it's valid.
- Your application will then automatically go through a 'pre test' on the site.
- Then select your devices. The easiest way to define which devices your application supports and which should be used in Java Verified testing can be done by using the Java_Verified_Devices attribute in the JAD file. For example: Java_Verified_Devices: Nokia N95, Nokia E71.
If these specified devices can be found automatically (by using the pre-checker') in the Java Verified supported devices list within the Submission Portal there is no need for you to manually select these devices from the list provided on the site.
However, as the pre-checker is currently a bit unstable, we recommend you manually select the devices you want to test against, from the list provided. We will be fixing the pre-checker problem as soon as we can.
- As soon as you've uploaded the relevant infromation and chosen the devices against which you want your app to be tested, your submission will be stored on the JV submission portal and marked as "Uploaded".
- It's now ready for R&D signing.